Posts Tagged ‘hanukkah’
With a week until the start of Hanukkah and about three weeks until Christmas, the holiday season is finally upon us. With finals looming though, it doesn’t feel much like the holidays at all, save those three peppermint mochas you drank to get through Moby Dick–or was that just me? To get y’all more into the holiday spirit, I’ve hand-picked the best videos to revisit around this time of year.
Schweddy Balls: We begin with a perennial favorite from the masterminds at Saturday Night Love. With Molly Shannon, Alec Baldwin, and never-not-funny wordplay, this is sure to bring holiday cheer to your Butler sesh. The best way to watch this is to start the video and switch tabs, like you’re actually listening to an NPR show.
From us at Spectrum to you at home (Or school. Or Butler. Probably Butler.) we want to wish you a happy Hanukkah, which starts tonight at nightfall.
So make yourself some latkes (even though it takes approximately a billion hours to do so), pile on some applesauce, and celebrate the only way you know how after a week of studying: Procrastinating.
Here’s something to get you started:
Last night was the first night of Hanukkah, for those of you already buried in Butler and out of touch with the outside world, and tonight is the tree lighting—both occasions (inadvertently) working toward a better-lit night and further throwing off our already-challenged circadian rhythms. With only a week-and-a-half left of classes, sleep seems futile anyways.
So instead of attempting that 20-minute catnap that will only make you feel more tired, read today’s paper:
- Registration is difficult enough. Imaging having to audition for classes. [A&E]
- Women’s basketball has yet to win a game this season. [Sports]
- A professor apparently thinks the military only kills people, and that ROTC only trains them to do so. [Opinion]
- In case you were considering ending your concern about bedbugs, don’t. [News]
- A student reflects on being Jewish during the holidays. [Opinion]