Five questions: A wrestler from Idaho loves something French
Kevin Lester (CC ’12) is wrapping up his final year as a Columbia Lion with many noteworthy accomplishments. The team co-captain from Nampa, Id., currently holds an overall record of 22-7—the best on the team. Most recently, Lester took home the 285-pound title at the New York State Wrestling Championships and this past weekend won his 13th consecutive match, a streak including seven pins and one major decision. The senior sat down with Spectrum to talk a little about himself and his successes. Read after the jump for the latest installment of “five questions.”
Kevin Lester, CC ’12 / Psychology
1. To what can you attribute your wrestling success?
Having a wrestling coach as my dad, great coaches at every level, and an athletic wrestling style.
2. What’s your most embarrassing wrestling/sports story?
Wrestling an entire match with my uniform on backwards.
3. What’s one random fact most people don’t know about you?
I am in love with French Bulldogs!
4. What is your proudest wrestling accomplishment/moment?
Pinning a top-seeded wrestler from Oregon State at the 2011 NCAA Championships.
5. What’s the best class you’ve taken at Columbia?
Evolution of Cognition with Herbert Terrace.
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.