Sports | Jan. 24 4:09 pm EST
Manti Te'o

Columbia senior breaks Manti Te’o girlfriend story for Deadspin

In the last eight days, Jack Dickey, CC ’13, has been inundated with interview requests from radio, TV and print media outlets, and has appeared on “the Holy Trinity of Access Hollywood, Extra, and Inside Edition.”

All of the attention began last Wednesday, Jan. 16, when Dickey—a blogger for the sports website Deadspin—and coworker Timothy Burke broke the story about Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o's fake girlfriend.

The article—which provided evidence that Te’o's girlfriend, who had supposedly died of leukemia, never existed—became an overnight national tabloid sensation.

If you haven’t heard about the story, read up. Even for non-sports fans, it has all the makings of a great narrative—love, lies, victory in the face of adversity, more lies, a villain, and more lies.

Dickey sat down with Spectator Sports Editor Myles Simmons and Sports Deputy Eli Schultz to talk about how he discovered the hoax, why major sports publications missed the clues, and how things have changed for him since the story broke.

Check out the interview in the video above.

1. ET • January 24, 2013 at 5:57 pm • Reply

Four for you, Jack Dickey. You go, Jack Dickey!

2. Jones sabo necklaces accessory are hands down for • April 13, 2013 at 3:37 am • Reply

I’ll right away snatch your rss as I can’t in finding your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Please allow me recognize in order that I may subscribe. Thanks. Jones sabo necklaces accessory are hands down for http://www.sciencebuddies.org/blog/2013/04/bot-building-for-kids-and-their-parents-celebrating-student-robotics.php#comments