Spectrum | Feb. 24 1:11 am EST
One Eleven

Yo quiero ‘mas?’

It’s late. You’re up. I’m up. We’re all up. Let’s all scream for being up!

Nah.

Actual News

Edwards sex tape: Fortunately, the sex tapes of John Edwards and Rielle Hunter have been ordered to be destroyed as per a settlement agreement. Let me reiterate: that’s fortunate.

#Syriaproblems: Eighty Western and Arab countries will meet in Tunisia on Friday to attempt to quell the still-escalating revolts and reactions throughout the region, but a year after it began its downward spiral, Syria isn’t showing any major signs or hope for improvement.

Gay marriage in Maryland: The Maryland Senate passed a bill 25 to 22 tonight, making it the eighth state (not including the District of Columbia) to allow gay marriage. Expect pressure from Maryland on the subject in regards to Obama’s platforms come November.

“Actual News”

No, Paris. No: The Hilton sister has done it again, and by “done it,” I mean release absolutely atrocious music. The first line of her song, “Drunk Text,” says it all: “I went out to the club the other night to, ya know, dance with my bitches.”

No, Paris, I don’t know. I really really don’t.

Hardcore validation: The Onion reports on a group of female friends who “validate the living shit out of each other” during their nights out. Way to up the ante on girl power.

Taco Bell: The divisive (I mean delicious) chain is abandoning its current slogan, “Think outside the bun,” and adopting, “Live mas“—that’s “Live more.”

That’s all well and good, but I still don’t think any of us have recovered from the death of the “Yo quiero Taco Bell“ Chihuahua. I’m going to have to go eat a Crunchwrap Supreme and Baja Blast to feel better about this.

1. Anonymous • February 24, 2012 at 6:35 pm • Reply

It’s incredibly inappropriate to reduce the situation in Syria to a hashtag. come on