Class council debates are happening tomorrow and Tuesday
You’ve seen the class council campaign posters on every spare inch of wall, competing for creative glory. But there’s some serious talk behind those smart suits on the posters—you get to hear from the candidates tomorrow (3/30) and Tuesday (4/1) during pre-election debates to be held in Lerner.
Candidates will be asked questions both sent in by students and written by the moderators: Abby Abrams, editor in chief of the Spectator, and Jeremy Meyers, chair of Columbia Elections Board. Although it’s too late to send in questions, the Elections Board still hopes to have a good turnout at the event. A large part of the event will be Q&A rounds with the candidates, so get your question hats on.
The official event page is here. According to the page, the schedule for events is:
SUNDAY MARCH 30
* CCSC Executive Board: 3:30-4:15 in Satow Lerner
* CCSC University Senate: 4:15-5 in Satow Lerner
* CCSC Class of 2015: 5-5:45 in Satow Lerner
* CCSC Class of 2016: 6-6:45 in 569 Lerner
* CCSC Class of 2017: 6:45-7:30 in 569 Lerner
* CCSC At Large Reps: 7:30-8:15 in 569 Lerner
* ESC Candidate Forum 8:30-9:30 in 569 Lerner
TUESDAY APRIL 1
* GSSC Debates 7:30-8:30 in Satow Lerner
If you really need a reason to go—besides a chance to hear some scintillating debate and possibly support your friend/floormate/significant other that’s running for a position—pizza and beverages will be served.
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.