This week, on the Internet
It’s late. You’re up. Out of the benevolence of my heart I will let you know, if you did not know already, that the Starbucks on Broadway at 114th Street is open every night until 2 a.m. and Insomnia Cookies is open every night until 3 a.m. …in case that needed to be said.
If you choose tonight’s study break not to consist of empty calories (sweet, sweet, delicious empty calories) then I
will be going through tabs I’ve yet to close will identify for you the finest websites throughout the land. Also, here is a GIF of a cat with a cup on its face.
- During the shutdown, NASA managed to take a few pretty fantastic photos of Saturn, and a guy was able to make a c0mposite photo of it. The photo here is a squished version from Buzzfeed, further squished to fit this web-box.
- Also shutdown related: Apparently the government shutdown cost a good chunk of money, because that makes sense and is totally not counter to whatever they were going for. HerCampus wrote an article about how many fancy handbags, fancy Italian sports cars, Q-tips, and other items that money could have paid for instead.
- This is from a few weeks ago, but The Daily Mail had a feature about a couple of guys on reddit who turned Civil War photographs into color.
- Speaking of photogenic folks, here is a series of quotations attributed to Oscar Wilde overlaid onto photos of Oscar Wilde
Vogueingbeing a wit.
- In a recent episode of “Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell,” Columbia gets a shout-out at 1:14. It’s in a sketch about how Christopher Columbus was a sort of sketchball and how colobus monkeys are hella better because they are furry, fuzzy animals of fur and happiness.
To close, here is a recipe for bittersweet hot chocolate with red wine, which will be my beverage of choice right after I have time to make it right after
graduation and inevitable unemployment this week.
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.