Five things it’s OK to have already done
Our second day of classes is officially over. A clean start, right? New professors, new overpriced textbooks, and a renewed work ethic. But don’t be so hard on yourself if you’ve already fallen back on old habits or gotten comfortable in your routine. It’s OK…
1. …to have already “skimmed” the reading.
(It’s also OK to judge people who went to the trouble of going on Courseworks, downloading the syllabus, buying the textbook, and reading far ahead just to impress the professor.)
2. …to give up on looking clean and polished when you go to class. Seriously, sleep time is valuable.
3. …to drop a class that sounds like it has way too much work. (For real, if you think you won’t do it now, imagine how little of it you’ll be doing in October.)
(It’s also OK to wait to start taking notes until you actually think you’ll stay in the class you’re shopping.)
4. …to talk in class on the first day.
5. …to bring a sandwich to the first lecture only to hear the professor say there’s no food allowed.
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.