Spectrum | Dec. 3 12:53 pm EST
Real World news

The Spectrum skim

Wikimedia Commons

Hello and welcome back from your food comas. Many an interesting thing has happened in the world while you were passed out, a summary of which follows:

Protests have been erupting in Ukraine since last week after President Viktor Yanukovich, not wanting to harm potential trade agreements with Russia,  failed to sign a deal to have prompted closer interactions with the EU.

Protests have also been going on in Thailand as anti-government groups demand the resignation of the prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

On Sunday, a Metro North train traveling through the Bronx derailed, killing four people and injured over 60 people, 11 of them critically.

The U.N has officially named Syrian president Bashar al-Assad as someone who has authorized war crimes in his country.

British diver Tom Daley has publicly revealed that he is dating a man, though he still “fancies girls.” Responses have been generally supportive.

Amazon is on its way to developing a package-delivery system that uses drones.

Fast and Furious Actor Paul Walker died in a car crash, in which drag racing may have played a role.

Scotland is in a state of mourning after at least eight people died in a helicopter crashing into a pub.

A 28-year-old Chinese man who was kidnapped when he was five manages to reunite with his family.

And yesterday was world AIDS day.

1. Larry • December 4, 2013 at 12:07 am • Reply

And a French report says Arafat wasn’t poisoned.