Spectrum | May. 20 2:17 pm EST
musical pre-frosh

Shall I sing you down College Walk? ‘Columbia songs’ from the class of 2018

This marks the second installment of our Class of 2018 series. After asking for haikus from these folks, Spec asked for one song that encapsulates Columbia life. We compiled all the responses into one “Columbia playlist.” Listen to this as you get pumped for Columbia (whether you’re feeling nostalgic or starting new) and look out for the next post in our series!

Let’s start out with this gem: “Good Ass Intro” by Chance the Rapper. A perfect song for waking up to the tune of South Lawn or the Barnard Quad, and, well, having a good ass intro. Suggested by Sarah Gale, BC ’18, from Portland, Oregon.

OK, this video made me excited to live in NYC, and I’ve already been here for two years. Next up is “Harlem” by New Politics, suggested by an anon, CC ’18, from Key West, Florida.

By far, the most of you suggested “Empire State of Mind” by Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys. Way to be original, 2018.

There was also “Campus.” Again, obvi.

“Patron-Tequila” by Paradiso Girls, suggested by Anna Carlson, BC ’18, from St. Paul, Minnesota.

Reality check: Most of our parties have this skewed male-female ratio, but we don’t look as cool.

Your first all-nighter in Butler may or may not sound like this:

“All Night Long” by Lionel Richie, suggested by Angela Myers, BC, from St. Paul, Minnesota.

“The Great Escape” by Boys Like Girls. Suggested by Elizabeth Kwon, BC ’18, from Queens.

#tbt to a total classic. My favorite song that time I was a scene kid in middle school. Oh dear, 2018 was still in elementary school when this song came out. Too young to be a scene kid. Excuse me while I grow gray hairs over here.

Oh, stop it.

Suggested by Franky Lin, BC ’18, from Hong Kong.

1. Um • May 20, 2014 at 6:10 pm • Reply

Where is “212″. Azalea banks is my home gurl.

2. Shabby ranks • May 21, 2014 at 12:32 am • Reply

Where my real Harlem at. ASAp mob

Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)
  3. Hugo Boss UK • May 29, 2014 at 1:48 pm • Reply

The Clarks brand seriously had been renowned for their comfort, great also as service. This brand tends to make use of distinctive innovative designs so as to generate distinctive kinds of footwear. Collectively with offering ultimate comfort inside the shoe,Hugo Boss Sale, this brand is also making its quite most effective work to bring the ultimate choice inside the designs and styles.. Toms Outlet Store Online. Hair becoming garments and weapon, I mean her moves are cool but. actually? Everyt

4. http://superdryoutletsaleuk.ndtesting.eu • June 1, 2014 at 2:28 am • Reply

Longchamp OutletStevenson eventually got his revenge on James, as the Mavericks beat the Heat in the 2011 Finals. Before the series started, Stevenson said the feud with James was much over. But after the Mavs series clinching Game 6 victory, Stevenson calledJames and the rest of the Heat now, in the dog days of free agency, Stevenson is lobbying James to convince the Heat front office to sign him.. Also, consume lots of h2o since it not just retains the skin wholesome and also can make hair roo

5. Toms Outlet Online Store • June 2, 2014 at 11:16 pm • Reply

Furthermore,Toms Outlet Online Store, it organizes itself and is simple to customise. The percentage of buyers who say some makes are really worth a high quality value fell from 45% in 1988 to 37% nowadays. Before her the gardens appeared like a common desire,ralph lauren outlet, only the sharp scent of roses betrayed their actuality.. Small number of methods can there that can hide the it will be possible trends totally. Out associated with those number of statistics, Lauren is an extremely out

6. hollister suomi • June 9, 2014 at 9:48 pm • Reply

an additional food item to keep in mind is not to wear any situation that is way too short, pretty tightly fitted, lacking portion, a bit too obsessive or even a vibrant, Glittery or to incredibly patterned. Femininity is key. to finish, the house really important to be renowned on the job by using regulars and co-workers even a fantastically sleek come across stop you on the right track, It is incredibly important to look at your magnitude by way of tape measure before plce your take advantage

7. michael kors uk outlet • June 22, 2014 at 1:31 pm • Reply

Athentic handbags come fom many soces, incding pchasing depatment stoe iqidations, pchasing diecty fom a distibto, o pchasing vintage podcts.Surtout quand on les mache pas pharmacogenetique polo suffisamment.En 2011,michael kors bag on sale, la bbc devient actionnaire à 100%. Les entreprises qui espèrent attirer les capitaux qui leur sont indispensables savent qu’elles doivent être en mesure de présenter non seulement un solide rendement mais également un dossier éc

8. Richard • June 27, 2014 at 4:51 pm • Reply

Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers
    and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.

Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done
    a wonderful job!

Also visit my web-site – wind energy pros and cons
    yahoo (http://www.hdsu.nl)

9. kdsale2014.com • May 23, 2014 at 11:06 pm • Reply

in response to questions from the Pacers’ medical staff, doesn’t resume until Saturday night. Suarez had a troubled start to this season, View gallery FILE – In this Friday,” Challenger Fonfara, the 2013 Ring Magazine Fighter of the Year. Sherman seeks ‘ultimate’ thrill The Associated Press Video board brings race closer to Derby fans The Associated Press Track reports strong wagering on Derby Day racing The Associated Press Wes Welker was accidentally overpaid at Derby The Associated Press Derb