SGA keeps it quick
Time’s up! Barnard’s Student Government Association wrapped up their penultimate meeting of the year in lass than half an hour, a record-setting time for this semester. Emma Goss reports on the mini-meeting:
- Queen bee in the hive: Due to student complaints about the aesthetics of the Altschul lounge, informally known as “The Hive,” the administration refurnished the room with more comfortable furniture, a Nintendo Wii, and other sources of entertainment. The new lounge will be unveiled within the next two weeks. At the unveiling, the administration and SGA’s executive council will face-off in a Wii-bowling competition. SGA members said they are ready to take on Dean Avis Hinkson and President Debora Spar.
- Apps to fill the gaps: Applications for open positions on SGA are up on eBear until Friday at 8 p.m. The available positions are: representative to General Studies Student Council, representative for university programming, representative for campus policy, senior class treasurer, senior class secretary, junior class vice president, junior class treasurer, junior class secretary, and sophomore class secretary.
- Happy campers: Barnard Spirit Day is happening all day today , and the theme is Camp Barnard. Spirit day t-shirts are being sold for $8, and there are free donuts in the morning, a barbecue lunch with watermelon and s’mores, arts and crafts activities, and ice cream served by deans.
- Blood, sweat, and volunteers: This Friday is the Barnard/Office of Disability Services blood drive from 11:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. at Barnard Hall. All blood donations go to the New York Blood Center.
- Schmooze and schmear: To promote class bonding, SGA’s Sophomore Class Council is holding an informal “Bagels, Coffee, and OJ” breakfast on Wednesday from 8:30-10:30 a.m. on Lehman Walk.
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.