Saint Valentine’s: Love in the time of…windchill?
Greetings, lovebirds! After yesterday’s heavy snowfall and the resultant cancellation of classes (woot), expect your morning to be windy but mostly sunny. However, be prepared for snow tonight!
In Columbia news:
- SEAS is 150 years old! Engineering Week kicks off the celebrations.
- An assistant wrestling coach at Columbia traveled to Sochi to promote LGBT rights in sports.
- Almost 100 Columbia professors signed a letter protesting a New York State Assembly bill which looked to cut funding to institutions academically boycotting Israel.
Outside the bubble:
- A federal judge has struck down Virginia’s ban on same-sex marriages.
- A Colorado woman who went missing after she returned from an around-the-world trip was reportedly found dead in San Antonio.
- A violent volcanic eruption in Indonesia has caused the evacuation of 100,000 people.
- Desmond Tutu is coming to Columbia! Register now.
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.