Spectrum | Dec. 6 9:23 pm EST
esc roundup

More Bacchanal findings as Class Day fast approaches

Highlights from last night’s meeting:

1. CC USenator Kenny Durell presented the findings of his Bacchanal funding investigation to the council, following his presentation to CCSC Sunday night. Click on the link for more details and below are some quotes by Durell explaining his findings:

• “It has nothing to do with Commencement [moving the ceremony]. I can safely say after talking to all these people as well as Facilities … it really had to do with Public Safety having this issue [that the concerts are such a big event]. Most of these performances have had way more people than are at Columbia. They were just worried that it was an open event.”
  • “UEM and Commencement don’t communicate on a regular basis … and didn’t know they had both reserved the same space until March 27.”
  • “If you go to Spring Fling at Penn or something, they charge 40 bucks. That’s kinda what makes Bacchanal so special.”

2. Despite the passage of a resolution to clean up Pupin Plaza, it appears the project won’t happen anytime soon. According to Facilities, the funding for construction projects are laid out so far in advance that any new changes can’t be on the horizon.

3. The shortlist for Class Day speakers is down to five or six, reports the 2012 Class Council.

4. Engineering USenator Tim Qin talked about a rollback in the decrease of staff tuition benefits. The initial cuts did not sufficiently take into account the significance of these benefits on Columbia’s ability┬áto attract staff to the university.

1. Cheap Nike Hyperdunks • August 7, 2013 at 12:57 am • Reply

A basketball sporting goods has several parts that are similar to several athletic athletic shoes The upper part relating to going to be the sporting goods that surrounds nikesneaker2013comment going to be the foot is because made both to and from an all in one light in weight breathable material that and you will have include breathable