Just hold on, we’re going home
It’s late. You’re up.
All Hallow’s eve is upon us, midterms are behind us, and the great two months of bitter winter accompanied by Christmas lights and endless seasonal lattes, cookies, and cards are nearly here! (Soon we can watch Love Actually again!)
Although it feels like endless Halloweek from parties starting last weekend and continuing into this weekend, it’s been fun to see classmates get into the spirit of the pagan festival.
My favorite costumes were as follows: Feminist Robin Thicke (black and white pinstripes, sunglasses, and a copy of A Vindication of the Rights of Woman), Mama’s Boy (bloody eyes, toga, and nametag that says Oedipus), and a six pack of beer in which six guys were six different beers and their corresponding puns (Angry Orchard wore a string of apples with angry faces over a green shirt).
But as much as I love these Halloween costumes, as much as I love this crazy school and this chaotic city, I am really excited to be going home for
fall break the election holiday for the following reasons:
1. Sleeping in a non-twin XL bed.
2. Food in the fridge! That’s just always there!
3. Not waking up to fire alarms, police sirens, or suitemates cursing a stubbed toe.
4. An actual kitchen counter to cook on.
5. Working at a desk that doesn’t have creepy tallies carved into it.
6. Finding old high school homework and ruing the day you ever complained about a four page paper.
7. Finding that sweater you forgot to pack for college!
8. Pets/siblings/Jewish mothers to snuggle up to and yell at the TV with.
9. Your own bathroom.
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.