Freshman Firsts: Roommates
So you’ve had a roommate for a good three weeks now—if you never had to co-habitate with a sibling growing up, you probably have no idea what you’re doing. If you’re in a single, there’s a good chance you’re basically living with someone else on your floor, so the same rules of Firsts will still apply. Boys, don’t think that this is girl-specific, because other than menstruation, these will all happen to you too.
Get ready for these Firsts in Freshman Co-habitation. Shout-out to my forever roommate (who I just can’t get rid of) Hannah!
1. The first towel slip.
2. The first time someone gets grossly sick with the plague and the other person catches it a week later
3. The first time you feel comfortable telling them when they look like shit
4. The first time someone talks in their sleep and doesn’t remember what they said the next day
5. The first time one of you is in an irrationally bad mood and the other person knows exactly what to do
6. The first time you alternate calling Hospitality to maximize response time.
7. The first time you have to deal with a creature: mouse, roach, or otherwise.
8. The first time you know at a party exactly how into him or her your roommate is and when to leave… or never leave
9. The first fight about the temperature in the room: window open, closed, or cracked?
10. The first time you fall asleep together in the same bed because your bed was just too far away
11. The first time your menstruation cycles align like the stars and advise everyone else to duck and cover
12. The first time you wear their clothes without their permission… and then see them on campus
13. The first time you have morning-after Nussbaum bagels to dish on your nights because one of you slept somewhere else
14. The first time you take Broadway and they take Amsterdam from 1020 so that you can both kiss grad students on the walk home
15. The first time one of you falls asleep while the other person is trying to have a deep conversation
16. The first time you see someone on campus and can’t decide to say hi or not because you can’t remember if your roommate is still feuding with them
17. The first time you decide buying groceries for yourself is a lost cause and pick up your roommate’s favorite snack
18. The first time you see a really great photo of the two of you and realize it could be a holiday card
19. The first time you have your roommate’s schedule totally memorized and wait outside Hamilton at 5:25 so that you can walk home together
20. The first time you realize you can’t remember ever living without them
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.