Spectrum | Nov. 21 6:31 pm EST
class of 2018

Highest number of Early Decision applications in Columbia history for the Class of 2018

The numbers are out:  3,296 applicants applied Early Decision to the College and SEAS  for the Class of 2018. This is the largest Early Decision applicant pool in Columbia history, up from last year by 5.4 percent. Go, Columbia hopefuls!

Admissions decisions will be released on December 12 at 5 p.m, a few days later than usual owing to the late Thanksgiving holiday.

Read the statement from Jessica Marinaccio, Dean of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid, after the jump:

“The beginning of the Early Decision admissions review season marks one of my favorite times of year, when my colleagues and I get our first glimpse of the next generation of Columbians. We are humbled by the fact that 3,296 students have identified Columbia University as their first choice school and submitted applications through our binding Early Decision program.

“This is the largest Early Decision applicant pool in our history, reflecting a tremendous response to our outreach efforts, which included visits by admissions officers to over 40 states (plus Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico) and more than 30 countries on 6 continents; almost a dozen on-campus events; outreach by our alumni, faculty and other members of the Columbia community, and the dedicated involvement of hundreds of Columbia student volunteers who are members of the Global Recruitment Committee, the Multicultural Recruitment Committee and the Undergraduate Recruitment Committee. We look forward to the admissions committee conversations in the weeks ahead as we select the first members of the Class of 2018.”

1. Anonymous • November 22, 2013 at 9:59 am • Reply

The class isn’t what received the applications. That headline could use some work.

Rating: -12 (from 18 votes)
  2. hey what about • November 22, 2013 at 2:36 pm • Reply

what were Barnard’s ED percentages? haha jk

3. jim • December 25, 2013 at 6:22 pm • Reply

I get the feeling all those recruitment committees are created purely to up the number of applications rather than recruit qualified students. Very sad what U. S. News & Report has done to some schools like Columbia. It appears the University has sold it soul for rankings.

Rating: +1 (from 1 vote)
  4. Doge • December 25, 2013 at 10:38 pm • Reply

Very admission. Much applicants. How early.

5. Teresa • July 3, 2014 at 7:31 am • Reply

It is perfect time to make a few plans for the long run and it’s time to be
    happy. I’ve learn this publish and if I could I
    want to recommend you some interesting things or suggestions.
    Perhaps you could write next articles relating
    to this article. I want to read even more issues
    about it!

Look into my weblog: miumiu ミュウミュウ 小物ス カードケース