Spectrum | Jan. 27 6:59 pm EST
class day

Barnard’s Class Day speaker is Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg

oavil / Flickr

President Debra Spar announced at the Barnard Senior Toast today that Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg will be Barnard’s Class Day speaker. Sandberg, 41, and a Harvard graduate, is Facebook’s first ever Chief Operating Officer. Prior to joining Facebook, she served as VP of Global Online Sales and Operations at Google.

Check back later tonight for a full update from News.

1. Anonymous • January 27, 2011 at 8:22 pm • Reply

She has a great TEDtalk.

2. Faim • May 14, 2012 at 10:40 pm • Reply

Excellent Post! When I was rienadg this, I must say that I felt like I was rienadg an article that I would have written a year ago it sounded so familiar. I am a CEO in healthcare, and most of my work requires lectures across the country. Needless to say, it means a lot of travel. For the first year of my daughter’s life, she flew with me it was practical, because as much as I tried she never took a bottle! Then, during her second year, I really struggled to maintain balance. I would fly one week out of the month, then work from home the rest of the time, with a nanny at the house to take care of my daughter. That way, I could see her as often as I wanted when I was in town working. It was definitely a juggling act, though, because I constantly crammed a 60 hour a week business into 30 hours a week of nanny time so that I could have an abundance of extra free time to spend with my little girl doing mommy/daughter days. Then everything came to a screeching halt and while I was in between business trips, the hatch of my SUV fell on my head at Costco. I got a mild TBI with post concussive syndrome. That was exactly one year ago, this week. I am still recovering, still unable to drive, still unable to work, and I just now am able to FINALLY take the bus and take care of my daughter on my own. Out of this experience, I have learned many lessons and I will say this Every woman’s journey is an individual one, and no mother can possibly tell another mom what is best for her. In my case, I learned that I was out of balance in my desperate attempt to have the balance that I thought I was supposed to have as a working mom. I will be a working mom again soon but I will do it differently this time. Because now, I have learned what balance really means, and it isn’t put my foot on the gas and go, go, go like I used to think. I was the queen of pushing through with bootstraps in hand many of us working moms are. Be perfect at work Be a perfect mom I’m grateful that I learned a different way. And now, I can teach what I know to my daughter perhaps a way to make her learning lessons a little easier in the future.But again, everyone’s journey is their own this is just mine.VA:F [1.9.13_1145]please wait…(1 vote cast)

3. Anonymous • June 30, 2013 at 9:11 pm • Reply

Think about this one last time as being found out using a fake doctors note can bring about dire consequences Celebrated persons also wear these shoes for some public occasions frequently The two models function a reorganized contemporary dial design fitted with an eye catching hour circle- described by creatively designed Roman numerals hour markers, also a central square-cambered grid pattern that enhances the depth and movement, moreover coupled with enlarged hour hands that confer immaculate time legibility exe error, a professional antivirus program is always the most secured and guaranteed choice for common PC users Every pair of the Nike shoes can be the best partner to people Shipping is fast and convenient to worldwide locations, with orders leaving our warehouses inside 3 organization days with the unique obtain