Spectrum | Feb. 29 1:11 am EST
THE ONE ELEVEN

Apple’s latest iPad, Google, Facebook, Cambodia, and the Olympics

It’s late, you’re up. It’s understandable, since it’s that time of year. Good luck with all your midterms/work!

Actual news

iPad 3: Apple is expected to unveil the latest iteration of the tablet next week.

Government intervention: Cambodia has made a request to the US government to help recover a statue in Sotheby’s possession in NYC.

Social order: Google’s Eric Schmidt urges people to act now and prevent the development of a digital caste system.

Olympics: Some people want to make yoga an Olympic sport.

Linsanity: I’d feel bad if I wrote a One Eleven without Jeremy Lin featured at least once.  Here’s what GQ think the GOP needs to learn from the Knickerbockers star.

Other news

Explanations: Gawker’s latest installment of Explainers takes on topics that include the Illuminati, Jay-Z, and Queen Elizabeth.

Status update: Buzzfeed provides a list of The 35 Most Unforgivable Facebook Statuses.

Fencing: Carnegie Hall has played host to fencing competitions!

And, of course, a funny video

1. Anonymous • February 29, 2012 at 2:08 am • Reply

dont miss an opportunity to take a swipe at the GOP, eh Spec?

• Mrinal Mohanka STAFF • February 29, 2012 at 11:24 am • Reply

I think you’re being linsensitive. My views aren’t, by any means, Spec’s official stance on anything! I just needed something related to Jeremy Lin so went with that.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
    • Deby • July 29, 2012 at 12:55 am • Reply

您好,我有製作了.htaccess檔了,不過現在變成了Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhasuted (tried to allocate 6144 bytes) in D:\AppServ\www\wordpress\wp-admin\includes\template.php on line 589這樣的錯誤訊息請教我該如何進行下一步的修改呢?Version 2.3.2你好,請你確定.htaccess檔案的副檔名,不是變成.htaccess.txt檔。max

2. Anonymous • February 29, 2012 at 2:55 am • Reply

All I do is LIN LIN LIN

• Leena • July 29, 2012 at 12:05 am • Reply

This is getting a bit more sutbcejive, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like Mixview’ that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you’re listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of neighbors will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune Social is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

• Seher • October 21, 2012 at 7:24 am •

365 and a Wakeup often features some very loevly writing, about such things (a while back) as “Sleep, the new drug” and an intriguing description of Baghdad as seen at night in a helicopter. There are going to be a glut of memoirs, hard to differentiate in most cases… some of these guys are more political than others, but my preference is for description and not yet fully digested experience.

3. Charan • July 26, 2012 at 2:27 pm • Reply

剛剛想到是否為plugin太多的問題,所以現在把所有的plugin都先關掉,但現在又變成了Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes esxhuated (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in D:\AppServ\www\wordpress\wp-admin\menu-header.php on line 70你好,錯誤訊息是指主機的記憶體設定太小,所以才請你在.htaccess檔內做設定,不然你可以試試直接將php.ini檔裡面的memory_limit調高一點,設定完後重起啟動你的apache server。max