Not a witty fool
Tomorrow is that wonderous and magical day of the year when families and friends come together to annoy each other with failed jokes, hoaxes, and taunts. Even from a young age, I’ve never been very successful at this holiday—my attempts at pranks usually elicited unconvinced eye rolling or angry tears (pretending your twin is stuck in the washing machine is not so funny to Mom, it turns out).
But I’m due for a blog post and the day is upon us. So, since I can’t give you any advice about this tender holiday, instead I offer a list of things you might be wishing were April Fool’s pranks:
1. The Bacchanal concert line-up.
3. The deadline for that paper/problem set you haven’t started.
4. Your housing lottery number.
5. Your post-grad (un)employment prospects.
6. The amount in your poor-college-student bank account (are those numbers in dollars or cents?)
7. The grade on your science midterm (D is for “delightful”?)
Happy April Fool’s Day!
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.