Look, you guys, I’ve got some bad news
I did not win my own Words With Friends tournament. Yep. You read that right.
I know you were pulling for me. I could feel it. And really, your support meant a lot. But it was not to be.
The winner of this past week’s very official Spectrum Words With Friends tournament was none other than Spec’s own Jason Bell, who’ll be taking home a Robicelli’s cupcake or the cash equivalent. That’s $3.25, people.
A recap, with lessons learned:
- There were 20 competitors. On the whole, a very lexically savvy bunch.
- Speaking of which: Feijoa. Fid. Ovoli. Gamin. Look ‘em up!
- Your friends hate Words With Friends. If you play it at dinner, they will grow annoyed and tell you to put your phone away.
- Qi. That’s 11 points right there.
- You can’t really think of Words With Friends moves in the shower. It’s hard to visualize the whole board. You can’t bring your phone in the shower.
- Don’t play Jason Bell in the second round of a Words With Friends tournament if you want to feel like you “did pretty well” in the tournament.
Thanks for playing, everyone! I hope you all had fun.
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.