Hey Robicelli’s, I’ve got some cupcake ideas for you
You saw the thing about Robicelli’s cupcakes coming to Joe Coffee? For those of us who’ve been wanting buttercream in our faces immediately after running a few laps in Dodge, this is the moment we’ve been waiting for.
I’ve never had a Robicelli’s cupcake, but their deal seems to be coming up with crazy/clever recipes, like “Pecan Potato Chip” (Pecan potato chip cake, vanilla buttercream, crushed pecans and potato chips, salted butterscotch drizzle) and “The Bluth” (Chocolate banana cake, chocolate buttercream, roasted walnuts, ganache). That first one sounds absolutely disgusting!
Anyway, the “point” of this post is that I have a few Columbia-y cupcake ideas that Robicelli’s is welcome to steal. Bon appétit!
- THE GYM REQUIREMENT – Self-doubt cake, sweat buttercream, “disgusting dedicated gym class t-shirt” drizzle
- THE KORONET – “Refusing to learn from your mistakes” cake, one pound of melted cheese, shame crumble
- THE JOHN JAY DINING HALL – Waffle batter cake; barley, couscous, and quinoa ganache; “at least the cereal doesn’t make me want to throw up” sprinkles
- THE BOLLINGER – Vanilla cake, removable silver icing
- THE FAKE @LEE_BOLLINGER TWITTER – Stale
- THE ALL-NIGHTER – “Delirious HamDel run” cake, body odor buttercream, caramelized 5-Hour Energy brittle
- THE 1020 – Any sort of cupcake will do, as long as every available surface is sticky
- THE LERNER HALL – Any sort of cupcake will do, as long as it’s assembled in a way that doesn’t make any sense
I’d like to see Harry Flager attempt some of these.
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.