116 Columbia Traditions (Part two)
Part two of this series. Your instructions on how to be a true Columbian after the jump.24. Actually explore Manhattanville and Harlem.
25. Find the owl on Alma Mater.
26. Rock the glass house.
27. Go to a campus group’s concert.
28. Go to Midnight Breakfast.
29. Catch someone moving your laundry.
30. Make friends with the people in maintenance and with your security guards (and buy their CDs).
31. Join PrezBo’s 5K run.
32. Attend a Columbia sporting event.
33. Go to your friend’s a cappella show. Never go again.
34. Drink on Low Steps.
35. Read a text from every author on Butler. Find out who Demosthenes is and let us know.
36. Participate in a walk of shame.
37. Study abroad. Trust us.
38. Change your major. Twice.
39. Go to services at Riverside Church or the “Blessing of the Animals” at St. John the Divine.
40. Take part in 40s on 40. If it still exists. If not, pour out a 40 for another casualty of the War on Fun.
41. Enroll in a 9 a.m. or Friday class. Never go.
42. Volunteer with Community Impact.
43. See a movie filming on campus. When the movie comes out, go to see it and obnoxiously point out Columbia scenes to your friends.
44. Go to a frat party. Just one.
45. Sneak onto the roof of Mudd, SIPA, or Sulz for a picnic.
46. Take a class on something you know absolutely nothing about.
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.