This Week in CCSC: Petitions and Digitization
By Elizabeth Sedran
Columbia College Student Council correspondent Elizabeth Sedran brings you the highlights from last night’s meeting.
What They’ve Done
- Progress reports from CCSC committee meetings will now be on CCSC’s website to help students stay informed about what CCSC is accomplishing during the week.
- CCSC hosted Bagel-palooza—an event where CCSC gives out free bagels—as part of Homecoming weekend.
- The Native American Council and members of the Native American Heritage Month committee spoke to CCSC members about their petition to have a plaque recognizing the Morningside Heights Campus as former Lenapi land. The petition currently has 993 signatures, 237 of which are from students in Columbia College.
What to Expect
- On Oct. 28th, the class of 2016 and class of 2017 councils will be giving out free Ben and Jerry’s ice cream in Schapiro Hall.
- All Joint Council Co-Sponsorship forms are in the process of being transferred to Google docs for CCSC, making the process of applying for funding easier for student groups.
- Data from Columbia Health and Counseling and Psychological Services based off of a summer survey is slated to be released to students once it is analyzed.
- Work is being done so that issues on WTF Columbia could be up-voted or down-voted directly from facebook to make it easier for students to respond to issues.
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.