This week in CCSC: Agendas and passports
By Elizabeth Sedran
What They’ve Done
- CCSC started updating the by-laws, striking an agenda clause. Now, class councils are no longer required to create yearly agendas within the first month of classes, but can formulate them throughout the year in response to student body needs.
- The first Lerner Pub of the year was hosted last week by CCSC, Engineering Student Council, and Barnard’s Student Government Association. The event allows seniors to bond with their classmates in the Party Space located in Lerner Hall.
- After students experienced difficulties registering for classes, CCSC started discussions with CUIT on repairing the SSOL waitlist for next semester.
What to Expect
- This Saturday, CCSC and ESC will host Passport to Columbia, a showcase of multi-cultural student performance groups. Be on the look out for advertising around campus and on Facebook.
- Members of CCSC will start responding to Council related issues and questions on WTF Columbia.
- To increase student body involvement, CCSC aspires to start hosting town-hall style meetings twice a semester instead of the traditional meeting on Sunday nights in Lerner Hall.
Leave a Comment
Be nice. Don't use HTML tags. And consider reading our full comment policy.