A&E | Sep. 29 8:04 pm EST
PREGAME PLAYLIST

Thursday pregame playlist: John Nordin

Courtesy of John Nordin

For this week’s “Thursday Pregame Playlist,” we asked John Nordin, CC ’12, Steering Committee Member for the CU Dance Marathon, for his favorite tracks of the moment. Playlist after the jump.

Basement Party - Cool Kids. “If you finna start it, then don’t do nothin’ small, get everyone involved and say that it’s a party.” Chuck D and Mikey Rocks speak for themselves.

Can’t Tell Me Nothing – Kanye West. This one is optional. If you and your fellow pregamers are waiting around for someone to get back from International, Zach Galifianakis’ antics will cheer you up.

Office Musik (Lil Wayne Remix) – Clockwork. A playful mix, great for Office fans.

Not in Love – Crystal Castles. Just a great song.

Triple Double – Girl Talk. It’s all about the awesome bit at the end with “Paint it Black” behind the lyrics of “Black and Yellow.”

I Got a Woman – Ray Charles. Soul music is good for your heart.

Look At Me Now – Chris Brown. Nobody can speak as fast as Busta Rhymes and I challenge any drunk pregamers among you to prove me wrong.

4’33” – John Cage. It’s time for a moment of silence (no music chants work well here too).

Country Roads – Pretty Lights. This is a song that dabbles in the genres country and electronic, which is no mean feat, and your drunk friends will sing along.

Victory – Star Wars Soundtrack. Identify your fellow Star Wars nerds, who are now too inebriated to pretend it’s not funny when you impersonate Chewbacca.

Take Over Control – Afrojack ft. Eva Simons. This is not a pregame song. It’s a going out/making out song. The goal is to get everybody dancing and realize how much they want to go out. A word of caution: do not allow this to turn your pregame into an all night suite dance party, unless that’s what you want.

1. zach galifinakis • September 29, 2011 at 8:08 pm • Reply

yes

• Michelle • May 14, 2012 at 8:34 pm • Reply

- HAHAHHA Stacey! I DID have him on there, but then I wanted to shotren to 5 and he didn’t make the cut:) (and partly because I couldn’t decide whether the intro song or the ending song was more nostalgic).The other thing on the list was Doug. Doug Full House.

2. Hmmm • September 29, 2011 at 8:51 pm • Reply

Some hits and some misses

• sevgine • February 27, 2012 at 4:05 am • Reply

Seriously love this idea. I’m ayalws looking for new music. I may have to borrow the idea. My song suggestion: Awake My Soul by Mumford and Sons (definitely new-ish and though it starts slow, it gets very upbeat in towards the middle/end.)