A&E | Jul. 26 9:23 am EST
changing of the guard

Morningsiders lose two members, add incoming first-year

Kimberly Flores / Spec

A new day is dawning for Morningsiders, Columbia’s rising stars of folk music.

On Sunday, Morningsiders announced that bassist Vladimir Bernstein and trumpeter Ben Kreitman, both CC ’14, will be leaving the band. Sam Sugerman, CC ’17, will be joining existing band members—Magnus Ferguson, Reid Jenkins, and Rob Frech, all CC ’14—on the bass.

After their music videos catapulted them to campus fame, Morningsiders won a battle of the bands to opened for Bacchanal this year. They gave Spectator this statement. Read it after the jump:

Earlier this summer, we all sat down to discuss the musical direction of the band. It became clear that there were disparate visions and we all decided that it was for the best not to step on each other’s toes. Even though they are not playing with us anymore, Ben and Vlad are two of the best musicians and people on campus as far as we are concerned. We wish them nothing but the best.
That said, we have been working hard all summer on new and old music for our fall concerts and we can’t wait to play it for you all. Morningsiders is still our dream and we’re going to give everything we have to our upcoming music. See you in September!
Disclosure: Rob Frech is Spectator’s chief development officer.

1. Ugh • July 27, 2013 at 12:04 pm • Reply

Why in God’s name is this campus news? They’re a goddamn student band, adding or subtracting new members does not constitute important goings-on at Columbia.

Rating: -11 (from 45 votes)
    • Anonymous • August 2, 2013 at 12:00 am • Reply

no, shut up

2. Uptown • July 29, 2013 at 2:47 pm • Reply

It does in July

3. prada ÏãË® • October 18, 2013 at 5:10 am • Reply

normally takes pertaining to 3 a lot of time together with 30 min’s. Gmaes will be increasing numbers of cellular usrs happen to be constantly out OK. This is often turning into additional fascinating while you engage in from a unusual type mmorpgs utilizing LG KP500 Coookie. They reassured this you’d be better with while in the woirld regarding pleasure together with adventuure. Obtain this approach cellphone without delay thus staert all the scoirng wining poins so if you could. Through foregoing, the software is a follower of it’s extensively advised this the two LG KC910 together with LG KP500 Cereal bar smartphone happen to be ideal styles of mobile phone handsets The theifs to come into play a strong incredibe priice, together with there are numerous retailers whom provide the criminals to, givign great discount rates. For those who Accomplish A jobs Court records Test? Pc Say that you will be inside plus the situation you might be seeking, all the manager could require a work court records investigate. This tends to support all the manager make up your mind if you’re trained to cling a good confidential situation inside his particular agency. For everybody who is seeking a situation where you may be managing care and attention expertise for that aging population, young people together with those who have afflictions together with unique must have, most of the pre-employment testing you must endure will be illegal drug screening, sexual intercourse offenders record together with criminal record. Essential safety together with well being happen to be one of the key factors regarding clients inside care and attention issuing expertise. Because of this ,, office staff managing these subtle must have will need to reduce virtually any malice together with criminal acts. That bosses happen to be eager to substantiate which are definitely not been recently billed together with guilty regarding kid mistreatment, lovemaking mistreatment, lovemaking breach, rape, lovemaking pestering, actual harm as well as breach together with killing as well as murder. When the situation you might be looking for needs want you to take on income together with budget, then you definately will need to hope this area of your own a job court records investigate incorporates a study with your economical files, credit rating files, criminal record, municipal the past, together with premises possession. The reason being for that security of this firm. They won’t often be also very careful allowing one whom goes through cheaply to address all the company�s properties and assets, securities, spending budget, together with income allocations. When you’ve got a good prior the past regarding piracy at a firm as well as happen to be deeply in arrears, important work lured to be able to rob at a possible manager. Many providers are not able to manage member of staff crook. Criminal history checks unveils advice which includes criminal acts together with criminal acts it’s likely you have convinced of enjoy killing as well as murder. And additionally, actual breach, actual harm relating to slight claim. A jobs court records investigate in addition delivers more knowledge about busts together with justifies functioned giving you. Whether or not guilty as well as absolved as well as true filled out vs you actually continues to be taken, all the improve of this claim will be captured in the criminal record. That municipal research will be regarding even worth, mainly if you’re making an application most importantly corporate and business establishments as well as Multi-National Firms. Some earn income simply by acquiring troubles from a firm many people act on together with really record case vs them all. Your own municipal the past will highlight, in cases where of course you felt the need filled out virtually any suit vs your own past bosses. Through pre-employment testing, your own future bosses happen to be defending all the.
    prada ÏãË® http://dsconstructiononline.com/images/prada6.html

Rating: -1 (from 1 vote)
  4. Autorkidott • October 28, 2013 at 10:01 am • Reply

A clean fast is better than a dirty breakfast. geanceweamera

Rating: -1 (from 1 vote)
  5. Burberry Outlet Online • February 24, 2014 at 11:20 pm • Reply

“We may perhaps procede with joining a direction where we can convey a tax, let’s imagine 18 or 15 cents per plastic bag,” Reyes said.
    Burberry Outlet Online http://www.leonspringstx.com/burberryoutlet.asp

6. Zella • July 11, 2014 at 2:59 pm • Reply

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d definitely donate to this outstanding blog!
    I guess for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group.

Chat soon!

Here is my website; gosonicgo.com (Zella)

7. Grazyna • July 22, 2014 at 8:03 pm • Reply

I strongly suggest which you work on building your own personal business ‘life-lines’ today.

If you hadn’t guessed already, the Xarlight is definitely an attachable flash having its own built in battery, additionally,
    it sports spring loaded clamps that attach generally
    smartphones to add a super bright tint for your subjects.
    What constitutes a customized power bank stands outt against all of the other promotional items.

Here is my sire :: penghemat bbm mobil

8. Winnie • July 23, 2014 at 12:46 pm • Reply

If you’re smaller company having a more concentrated clientele or niche then car advertising wijll nnot be the best solution for you.

You must absolutely be aware of value of your advertising before putting large
    sums of money behind it. The cyclical nature of web marketing dictates that popular publicity trends will allways colme back around.

Look into my weblog … iklan baris gratis terlaris

9. Veda • July 25, 2014 at 9:31 am • Reply

Hi there to all, it’s actually a fastidious for me to visit this website, it includes important Information.

my web-site … chaturbate tokens hack [http://www.ksk-delta.de/]